Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Just got back from church at 14:30 or 2:30pm to you Americans, J, and it was good. Everyone is always so happy to see us. We got there close to 8:00am. President Krevov and Anatolli were having their Branch Presidency meeting before church instead of after because we were having a party after. Everyone brought some food to share. I brought my chocolate chip cookies and everyone was very impressed and I didn’t take even one back home with me. The elders made Cole slaw that was good I chose to eat a piece of bread with, what looked like, ham on it and I put the Cole Slaw on top of it. It tasted good. Then I took a beef and potato dish but there wasn’t any spoons left so I had to eat that with my fingers. It just doesn’t feel like Easter without being able to see my family. The Elders invited an investigator to come to church and translate for us. He speaks very good English. He and Dad hit it off, they both like to talk, and seemed to have a great time. Oh I found out that they didn’t give Andrey the priesthood yet I guess they wait awhile to do that


Anatolli drove us home with his little girl in the car named Veronica. She looks to be somewhere between 6 to 8 years old. She is a bigger girl and seems very smart. Anatolli is trying to teach her some English. Dad and Anatolli chatted all the way home and so did Veronica and I. I had to keep telling her that I didn’t understand but never stopped her for long. She asked to hold my Tupperware container that I had my cookies in. She opened up and smelled the inside and made a sound that told me she loved the smell. Anatolli is going to come over on Saturday morning to help us learn Russian. That is both good and bad. It’s our P-day (preparation day) so we use it to do wash, grocery shop, go for walks or whatever. But if he didn’t come over we probably wouldn’t be practicing our Russian.

After Dad and I changed our clothes we got a call from our AP’s inviting us to come to dinner with their investigator, Sergay. I wish I hadn’t just changed clothes. Oh well, I hope he makes something I won’t have to gag down.

We got the pictures Wendy sent us and it makes your party look so fun, and the weather looks warm!! It was warmer here today but very dreary. It’s almost always overcast.





I’m sending you pictures of the street we take to get the walking street. The mall where the KFC is , a statue on the walking street, Dad’s new haircut. He looks like one of the missionaries now; A picture of the door to get into our apartment building and the door to get into our apartment. They are big heavy metal doors. To get in the outer door you use a magnet and a key for our door. To get out you unlock and press a button which releases the door; and a picture of our house keys.

Love you all tons and tons
Mom, Oma, Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment