Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Last Sunday an investigator made dinner for us and the AP’s (assistants to the President). Sergay looks like he is in his mid to late twenties or early thirties. His dad is a year older than Dad and his Mom is a year older than me. He made us a typical Russian meal and I liked it. It was sort of a potato salad called Salad Olivia. It had potatoes, hard boiled eggs, cheese, pickles, peas (yes I ate the pickles and peas) and mayo in it. I don’t think there was anything else. It was really good to me. Dad was worried about eating the eggs but he said he thought it was good. We had cheese slices and bread to go with it along with a Chi to drink. It was like an herbal tea only fruity. I liked that also even though I watched them strain out the grass or what they called grass. I did put three teaspoons of sugar in it.

Monday Dad and I went to the market after work to pick up some coke zero, bread and garbage bags when we ran into Sergay. He gave us a smile and asked how we were doing. He looked down at our coke zero and told us that was bad for us. We told him we knew that but were buying it anyway. Then he saw our bread choice and told us he needed to take us to Bread Square for some better bread. I guess that’s a place they make homemade bread and kind of a play on Red Square. He walked us back to our apartment and then went on home. He is a very nice guy and loves practicing his English.

I forgot to tell you in my last letter that while we were at the Branch President’s (Krevov) home his oldest daughter (5) brought me a piece of paper and colored pencil and wanted me to draw a cow. When I was done Sister Krevov laughed and so did Deann. She told her mother that is looked like a cat. Sister Krevov fixed my picture so it looked more like a cow.


No comments:

Post a Comment