Thursday, March 2, 2017

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Dear Family,

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday. I’m glad Lauryn (in AZ) Britti (NV) and Nica (NV) are having a great time playing soccer in the President’s Cup. Dad and I miss being able to travel with you guys.

This week has really been slow with President and Sister O gone. They’ve been in Turkey for a Mission President’s conference. They got back last night. I did another power point for President while he was gone so I’m sure things will pick up around the office when he comes to me with changes for it.

The AP’s and the Avrora Elders came to dinner today. We had meatloaf, corn, carrots, rolls, salad, and cupcakes. I found a Chocolate cake recipe on the end of a romance novel I read. It is really good. There was also a recipe for peanut butter frosting. I frosted some cupcakes with the peanut butter frosting and some with orange frosting. It was split for which frosting they all liked best. Elder Buchanan said this was only his third time having meatloaf. He said he took a good sized chunk because he didn’t realize how dense it was. Dad immediately jumped on him J for calling my meatloaf names.

 It was still light outside when they got here. The days are getting longer and we have a heat wave going. It’s got up to 37 degrees F. today but it felt like 30. Things are really starting to melt. It was weird, while it was the third hour of church I was in the Primary room. It started hailing and it was like a blizzard then ½ hour later the sun was shining.

Dad and I are betting that one of the AP’s will be transferred next cycle. The ones we have now both leave for home in July. Elder Buchanan has been an AP longer than Elder Quarnberg so he will probably be the one moving. I always hate losing my AP’s but I get just as close to the next ones.

Next week will really be busy. We will have our 2 new senior couples come in on Tuesday night. We are getting together on Wednesday, the 4 Couples and President and Sister O. We are going to do some self-reliance training. Because of their positions and responsibilities both of these couples will be able to travel to do some training. Dad and I are really bound to the office.

Then we have the Ball coming up on Friday, the 24th. That should be fun. They are giving out invitation to lots of people, not just members. This Thursday and Friday are Russian holidays. Its Defender of the Fatherland Day. Then on Monday, the 27th it’s Special Operations forces Day, another holiday. March 8th is International Women’s Day, also a holiday.

Last Friday was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine. Dad and I were planning on going out to the Volga to take pictures and go for a walk. Well Saturday turned out to be overcast, windy and snowy. We crossed the street to the Volga and then went to the market and back home.

I did laundry on Friday and then on Saturday I washed a blanket. The thing was almost totally dry in 2 hours. In the summer, it probably would have taken 2 days.

I found ants on the floor Friday when I got home from work. I left early to start the laundry. I spayed them with Windex which did the trick. Dad and I picked up bug spray on Sat. while at the market.

March 3-7 there is going to be a Mission tour by Elder Martino. He is the Europe East Area President. He will be in Samara for our District conference and then he will be heading up our Zone conference. He gave us all some things to do to get ready for our conference. Dad and I have already done them. (I know, I know, over achievers)

Well, Hopefully I will have more to write about next week. Love you all!!


Love,
  Mom







No comments:

Post a Comment